- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks)
- challenge unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
How To Make BETTER THAN ANYTHING TOFFEE RECIPE
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Spread the chopped pecans in a single layer on top of the parchment.
- Add butter, sugar, and salt to a heavy-bottomed 3-quart pot
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the candy is boiling, stir occasionally, slowly and evenly, until the candy has reached 290F to 300F, or “hard crack” on a candy thermometer.
- Once the candy has reached 290F-300F, remove from heat and gently stir in the vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the chopped pecans.
- Let the candy sit for a few minutes, undisturbed, before sprinkling the chocolate chips over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and let sit for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has softened.
- Remove the foil and gently spread the softened chocolate into an even layer. An offset spatula works best for this.
- Place the candy in the refrigerator and let cool completely. Give it at least 2 hours.
- Lift the parchment out of the baking dish and place the toffee on a cutting board or solid surface.
- Use a knife to gently break it into smaller pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Credit: Recipes Need