Easy candied walnuts that takes 5 minutes and has 5 ingredients. They are chewy, crisp, salty and not-too-sweet and tastes divine!!!
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar, both packed (do not use dark brown)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon + 2 pinches salt
How To Make 5 Minute Caramel Walnuts
- Place a piece of parchment on a dinner plate (approximately the size of the plate) or any other heat proof plate. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except two pinches salt) in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Place skillet over high heat and cook (stirring occasionally) for 5 minutes (stirring constantly in the last minute and reduce heat to medium during the last minute), until all moisture evaporates and the nuts get darker, glossy and begins to clump together (refer pictures).
- It is important to make sure that all the liquid is evaporated before removing from heat.
- Immediately transfer nuts (scraping any remaining caramel off the pan) on the prepared parchment. Spread the nuts, so that they are in a single layer and sprinkle 2 pinches salt evenly on top of nuts.
- Let cool to room temperature and break apart with your fingers.
- Store nuts in a container for several days <– if it lasts that long.
- Non stick pan is a must.
- You could use a small non-stick skillet, cooking time might take an additional 30-45 seconds
Credit: Recipes Need