“This meatloaf is easy to make even for a beginner. It tastes like a giant meatball and is really delicious. My whole family, including my picky eater kids, loved it the first time I made it and it has been requested many times since. I usually make mashed potatoes, a veggie and hot rolls to go with it.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small yellow onion (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce (marinara sauce, homemade, meatless)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Italian cheese blend)
How To Make Parmesan Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan (I use glass bread loaf pan) with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Try not over handle the mixture, otherwise it will get tough.
- Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan, and form into a loaf. Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.
- Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and drain any grease from the meats at this time.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place the meatloaf back in the oven, and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, and let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Credit: Recipes Need