This Copycat Cheesecake Factory key lime cheesecake is delicious with a yummy graham cracker crust, creamy and tart filling, and a dollop of sweetened whipped cream on top.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Key Lime Cheesecake
- 3 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 large eggs
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- lime zest or slices for garnish, optional
How To Make Copycat Cheesecake Factory Key Lime
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Position the oven racks so one is just above the middle position and the other is just below the middle position. Lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides (about 1/2″ up) of the prepared springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. While the crust is cooling you can make your cheesecake filling.
- For the filling — In a large bowl with an electric mixer, or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, and lime zest together until smooth and creamy. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the lime juice and mix until combined. Add the eggs and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix because it can cause the cheesecake to crack while baking. Extra air beaten into the filling will cause cracking.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust and spread evenly.
Place a metal or glass pan on the bottom rack of the oven and pour in 3 cups of boiling water.
- Immediately place the cheesecake on the upper rack and bake for 55-65 minutes until the cheesecake is set around the edges. You can expect a slight jiggle in the center of the cheesecake.
- When the cheesecake is done cooking, turn the oven off and prop the oven door open about 4 inches.
- Keep the cheesecake in the oven for an hour until it is completely cooled.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight is best.
- When ready to serve, whip together the cream and powdered sugar until thick and creamy. Either spread the whipped cream evenly over the cheesecake or pipe it around the edges.
- You can also just put a dollop on top. Add the garnish of lime slices or lime zest
Credit: Healthy Juice