The cinnamon sugar donut sweet bread is a recipe that is so easy to make and will be a hit with people of all ages.
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 1/4 C unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C buttermilk *
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 C unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- * I use 1/2 C whole milk mixed with 1/2 tsp white vinegar as a substitute for buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil, butter, and sugar in a bowl until combined.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Gently begin adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk*,bstirring until the batter has formed.
- Scrape sides of the bowl so those ingredients can also be included in the batter.
- Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the batter. Add it to a smaller bowl. Set aside. Now add the cinnamon and molasses. Stir to mix well.
- Prepped the loaf pan by spraying it with a baking spray.
- Begin by scooping in half of the bread batter into the loaf pan. Smooth this out in the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon half of the cinnamon/molasses batter on top of the bread batter.
- Scoop the remaining bread batter on top of the cinnamon/molasses batter carefully.
- Spoon the remaining cinnamon/molasses batter on top of the bread batter.
- Using a butter knife or a toothpick swirl the batters together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes while still in the loaf.
- Gently loosen the edges and the sides of the loaf from the pan.
- Using your hands carefully remove the loaf from the pan.
- Prepare the coating for the loaf while it is cooling.
- Pour the melted butter in a large shallow dish. Add both sugars and cinnamon stirring to mix well.
- Dip each side of the loaf into the melted butter until coated.
- Spoon the melted butter on the edges.
- Carefully take the bread out of the melted butter and place each side into the sugar cinnamon mix ensuring that the side is well coated. Sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon mixture on top of the bread.
Credit: Healthy Juice