Fall, a season marked by the rustling of leaves and a drop in temperature, is synonymous with comfort and indulgence. This year, we’re introducing a recipe that perfectly encapsulates the essence of autumn – Pumpkin Pie Fudge! This delight, with its smooth texture and hint of spice, is sure to become a staple in your autumn recipe collection.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 24 pieces
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 7 oz jar marshmallow crème
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Prepare the Ingredients: Start by gathering all your ingredients. This ensures a seamless cooking process and allows you to fully enjoy the experience. Toast the pecans lightly to unleash their flavor.
2. Line the Pan: Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished fudge out easily.
3. Combine the Basics: In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, corn syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. The amalgamation of these ingredients sets the stage for your Pumpkin Pie Fudge.
4. Stir Continuously: Cook the mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves, and the mixture comes to a boil. The aroma of pumpkin pie spice will fill your kitchen, sparking anticipation.
5. Boil to Perfection: Once boiling, continue to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (234°F to 240°F on a candy thermometer).
6. Add the Goodness: Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the marshmallow crème until fully incorporated. Add the chopped white chocolate, ensuring it melts completely into the mixture, bringing in a creamy texture.
7. Final Touches: Fold in the toasted pecans and vanilla, mixing well. This adds a crunchy texture and a depth of flavor to your fudge.
8. Set to Cool: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Allow it to cool at room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator to set completely.
9. Slice and Enjoy: Once the fudge is set, use the parchment paper overhangs to lift it out of the pan. Place it on a cutting board and cut it into squares. Your Pumpkin Pie Fudge is now ready to be devoured!
- A la Mode: Serve your fudge alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a dessert that’s equal parts warm and cold, crunchy and smooth.
- Spice Dusting: A light dusting of additional pumpkin pie spice on each piece can enhance the autumnal flavors.
- Nutty Topping: For added texture, sprinkle some extra toasted pecans on top before the fudge sets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
It’s best to stick with pumpkin puree, as pie filling contains additional sweeteners and spices.
- How should I store the Pumpkin Pie Fudge?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Can this fudge be frozen for later use?
Absolutely! Wrap it securely and freeze for up to 3 months.
This Pumpkin Pie Fudge, with its creamy texture, spicy undertones, and crunchy pecans, encapsulates the cozy feeling of fall. It’s the perfect treat to enjoy with loved ones, making every gathering even more special. So, don your apron, gather your ingredients, and let’s usher in the festive season with this delectable treat!