A snack can be as simple as cheese and crackers but sometimes you want something a little bit extra and these Cheesy Beef Taco Pockets perfectly fit the bill. They’re easy to make (seven ingredients!); full of creamy, beefy, cheesy goodness; and are hearty enough to qualify as a meal if you want a dinner that’s a little snacky. My whole family loves them and I’m sure yours will too.
You start by browning up some ground beef and seasoning it with a packet of taco seasoning. Easy. But you know what’s nice? You could use ground turkey instead, or even black beans, or mix in some refried beans for good measure. This is a versatile snack.
That’s it for the protein portion and then you need to work on the creaminess quotient, which is just as simple: Mix together some cream cheese and salsa. Done.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, breaking it apart as it cooks and drain fat as needed.
- Season with taco seasoning, and follow instructions on packet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add salsa and mix to combine.
- Spread a generous spoonful of cream cheese mixture in the center of a tortilla. Spoon some of the ground beef over, then top with cheese.
- Roll tortilla up as you would with a burrito and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with a little bit of the remaining cheese. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite topping and enjoy!