- 2 small cabbage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp each, salt & pepper
How To Make Baked cabbage steaks
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the stems off of each head of cabbage, then cut the cabbage in half. Cut each half in half once more. You should have 4 round cabbage steaks (roughly ¾-1 inch thick) from each head.2 small cabbage
- Transfer the cabbage steaks to your prepared baking sheet, leaving space between them so they cook properly. Brush them thoroughly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip the steaks over then oil and season the opposite side.½ Tbsp each, salt & pepper,2 Tbsp olive oil
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 25-30 minutes. They are ready when the leaves become brown and the center is fork-tender. Remove from the oven and serve while warm.
- If you trim too much of the stem off before slicing your ‘steaks’ you can sometimes have cabbage that falls apart. Opt for trimming slightly until your steaks are cut.
- Add a little kick by sprinkling the baked cabbage steaks with a pinch of red pepper flakes!
- For a tasty crunch, sprinkle a mix of parmesan and breadcrumbs over the top of the steaks before baking. You can also add crispy chopped bacon!
- To store: Once cooled, these cabbage steaks can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing cabbage steaks.
- To reheat: You may reheat these cabbage steaks in the microwave. You may also pop them back in the oven at 350°F (175°C) until the outside begins to crisp up and they are warmed to your satisfaction.
Credit: Recipes Need