|FOR THE FILLING
|1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
|Ensure it’s well-mixed
|2 egg yolks
|1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
|Squeezed and strained
|FOR THE CRUST
|1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
|1/4 cup sugar
|4 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
|Allow it to cool to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare an 8×8-inch baking dish by greasing with butter or lining with parchment paper.
- Mix melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar for the crust until it reaches a texture like wet sand.
- Press the crust mixture evenly and firmly onto the base of the baking dish. Bake for about 10 minutes or until it turns a light golden brown. Allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly add fresh lemon juice to the egg yolk and condensed milk mixture while stirring, ensuring a smooth and luscious texture.
- Pour the lemony mixture over the pre-baked crust, ensuring an even spread.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until firm. After baking, let it cool and settle for a minimum of 1 hour.
- If using parchment paper, lift the lemon squares out and slice them into desired portions.
- Relish the velvety tartness of these Creamy Lemon Squares! Any remaining pieces can be refrigerated for future indulgence.
This classic dessert beautifully combines creamy lemon filling with a crisp crust, creating a delightful harmony of flavors that will surely become a favorite in your culinary repertoire.