NewsStories

Her pic wearing a bikini on the beach is being shared bu thousands and when the camera zooms out we understand why

Back in 2012, Aimee Copeland was a 24-year-old a grad-student at The University of Georgia.

That year, she decided to spend some time off with friends, enjoying the last few weeks before graduation.

One day, they decided to go on a trip to a small lake, where they could zipline over the water. The adventurous group immediately wanted to try it out.

What Aimee couldn’t have known was that that moment would change her life forever. A zipline consists of a long stretched wire that sits high up in the air, providing stunning views below. Generally, it is completely safe.

aimee1

But when Aimee’s turn came something went completely wrong. The cable suddenly snapped and Aimee fell down toward a cliff… and lost her leg that day.

aimee2

Aimee was taken to the hospital, but the tragedy didn’t stop there.

Doctors found that it was much worse. Flesh-eating bacteria had infected the wound, and the 24-year-old was facing possible death.

The fall caused a deep wound on her leg that became infected with a type of bacteria called Aeromonas hydrophila, which ultimately led to a life-threatening condition known as necrotizing fasciitis, commonly referred to as a flesh-eating disease.

aimee3

After 11 surgeries and tough rehabilitation Aimee luckily succeeded and managed to cope with it – but she had to amputate both hands and legs.

Continue reading on next page…

1 2Next page
Back to top button