Indulging in the exquisite blend of apple pie and coffee cake has never been easier with this delightful recipe for Apple Pie Filling Coffee Cake. The harmonious marriage of tender apples, warm spices, and a buttery coffee cake base is sure to awaken your taste buds and leave you craving more. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of crafting this sweet symphony and provide insights into its creation, serving suggestions, and frequently asked questions. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey that combines the comforting essence of apple pie with the irresistible charm of coffee cake.
|4 (peeled and diced)
For the Coffee Cake:
|1/4 cup (softened)
For the Streusel Topping:
|1/4 cup (cubed)
Apple Pie Filling:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the diced apples, granulated sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat for about 5 minutes, allowing the apples to slightly soften and the flavors to meld.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the apple mixture. This will help thicken the filling.
- Introduce the unsalted butter and lemon juice to the saucepan. Stirring continuously, cook until the filling reaches a thick consistency, typically around 3-4 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, softened butter, milk, baking powder, salt, and large egg. Use a beater to create a smooth batter.
Pro Tip: To enhance the flavor and aroma, consider adding a hint of vanilla extract to the coffee cake batter.
- Pour half of the prepared batter into the greased baking dish, ensuring an even spread.
- Gently layer the apple pie filling over the batter in the dish, allowing the flavors to meld as they bake.
- Spoon the remaining batter in dollops over the apple pie filling, creating a delightful contrast in textures.